Smoke, Water & Mold Remediation

Smoke, Water & Mold Remediation

If you’ve ever been a victim of leaky plumbing or burst pipe, you know all about the damage water can cause to your home or business. Our team of professionals at Nardone Painting Contractors arrive quickly with equipment designed to extract the water, dry the affected areas, dehumidify, disinfect, and remove any damaged furnishings, carpets, and floors required to complete the job.

Water or mold issues can become serious fast, and failure to act quickly can result in accumulated damage. Water damage can quickly become a complex project involving many stages, all requiring expert attention to detail. Our team can tackle any size water restoration project from a residential pipe leak to commercial multi-story office buildings, restaurants, and hotels. You can count on us to restore your property to its original condition quickly and professionally.

When relative humidity (a temperature-dependent measure of water vapor in the air) becomes elevated indoors, building materials and furnishings absorb the moisture. Those damp materials can then provide a good place for mold to grow. If there are no cold condensing surfaces and the relative humidity (RH) is maintained below 60 percent indoors, there will not be enough water in those materials for mold to grow. However, if the RH stays above 70 percent indoors for extended periods, mold will most certainly develop.​

In the summer, air conditioning can act as a dehumidify within indoor spaces. But if the system is too large or too small for the room it serves, the cooling system can increase the humidity by cooling without removing water vapor. A properly sized and maintained system will dehumidify and cool a building without adding high levels of moisture.​

When there are cold surfaces in a building, water vapor can condense on those surfaces, just as water condenses on a glass of ice water. Insulation of exterior walls can prevent condensation and mold growth during the winter. You should always be mindful of indoor sources of water vapor that can be problematic. Clothes dryers must be vented to the outdoors. Unvented gas or kerosene space heaters can generate enormous amounts of water vapor (and other air contaminants) and should be used sparingly and never as a primary heat source. Always run the bathroom exhaust fan when showering or bathing, and make sure the vent is exhausted outdoors. A vented kitchen exhaust fan can also help to remove the steam created during cooking.

When The Unthinkable Happens
Make Us Your First Call

Mold exposure can occur when airborne mold cells or spores are inhaled. We breathe in these cells every day, indoors and out. Usually, these exposures do not present a health risk. But when exposure is great, some individuals, particularly those with allergies and asthma, can experience an illness that could be mild or serious or anywhere in between.

- or

Symptoms Associated to Mildew Exposure

  • Learning difficulties or mental function problems

  • Headaches

  • Seizures

  • Runny nose

  • Sudden appearance of clear, watery, mucus from nose

  • Discharge of thick, green slime from nose (sinus cavities)

  • Itching of the nose, mouth, eyes, throat, skin or any area

  • Coughing up blood

  • Difficulty breathing  

  • Hives

  • Feeling lost or “disconnected” from what is happening

  • Redness of the whites of the eyes

  • Skin rashes

  • Open skin sores and lacerations

  • Sneezing

  • Vomiting

  • Diarrhea

  • Chronic, excessive or continued fatigue

  • Immune system suppression

  • Gastro-intestinal tract, heart, liver, kidney, and brain damage

interior house painters CT, exterior house painters CT, cedar roof care CT, deck painting CT, deck staining CT, mold cleaning CT